Monday 28 April 2014

Bake without an Oven

Hi friends,
             long time since I last logged in ... reason being my book... yes I'm planning to get a book written... will fill you in with details slowly in a while...
              I am planning to make this blog more of food oriented...
              and I just quit my job with this superb IT company because guess what... that wasn't my cup of tea after all... now full time staying at home and gonna take up this blog serious finally following my passion :):):)


 Now I thought why waste time and post you a good recipe that you can all try ...
           let's start from the basics,
how to bake a cake without an oven :-p
     yes its possible and I do it all the time since I was like 10 years with my mother :):)
           the recipe for baking a cake ... I think you must all be knowing it...
the aim of this post is to help the people who don't have an oven to bake a cake
so find yourselves a good recipe somewhere online
and follow me

take a pressure cooker (which I use) but you can also use any vessel thats steep...
fill quarter of it with sand... dry sand ...
now close it with a lid and let the sand get heated up for 10mins...
now dare not touch the sand coz its gonna be REALLY REALLY HOT
now place the batter into a vessel...probably a thick coated one so that it cooks slowly thru and thru and not just gives you a dark burnt crust with the batter still runny...
now close the vessel with a plate or something and let it cook
I can't give you an exact time but let it bake until your house fills with lovely aroma and calls you with it
now you got to open the lid and take a knife and poke your cake thru till the base and take it out
when knife comes out clean it means the cake has cooked through all the way... and also means you can remove it and decorate it with whatever you need and feed your taste buds with yum yum cake ...
              TASTES BEST WITH ICECREAM



No comments:

Post a Comment